Passionate pediatric clinicians.
Speech-language therapy helps children to develop the skills that they need to functionally communicate within their family, educational and community circles. The speech pathologist uses specific activities and techniques that provide the child the opportunity to acquire and develop the necessary skills that support communication and academic success. We incorporate fun and engaging activities to help motivate the child. We also provide family education and support to promote generalization.
Our speech therapists have extensive experience working with many diagnoses, including, but not limited to:
- Speech/language delay
- Oral-motor dysfunction
- Articulation and phonologic disorders
- Expressive and/or receptive language disorders
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Language processing disorders
- Literacy/reading disorders
- Social/pragmatic language disorders
- Voice disorders
- Executive dysfunction
- Fluency disorders/stuttering
- Resonance disorders
- Sensory feeding disorders
- Orofacial myofunctional disorders (OMDs)
KatieBug Therapy speech pathologists are certified by the American Speech Hearing and Language Association and licensed by the State of Illinois. We thrive on learning and have acquired extensive education and training in the area of Orofacial myofunctional disorders (OMDs). Our experienced team also has a specialty certification in PROMPT and is skilled in the use of AAC devices to support communication.
Limited Adult Services available for the evaluation and treatment of:
- Swallowing disorders
- Neuro rehab
- Voice disorders
- Accent Reduction- Compton Certified Instructor in P-ESL (Pronunciation of English as a Second Language)