Encouraging You to Climb Higher
Free 15 minute screenings available for new clients upon request. Contact the clinic to initiate the intake process and to schedule your child’s appointment.
Physical therapy promotes gross motor development and mobility. Physical therapists use specific techniques, equipment, and activities to improve muscle strength, range of motion, joint mobility, balance, coordination, posture, and gait. Collaboration may occur with your child’s medical, therapy, and educational team including communication regarding orthotics, adaptive equipment, and assistive technology.
Our Physical therapists have experience treating many diagnoses including:
- Developmental delay
- Neuromuscular disability
- Cerebral palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Spina bifida
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Muscular dystrophies
- Hypotonia or low tone
- Posture (scapular winging, pectus excavatum, pronation, etc.)
- Poor motor control or lack of coordination
- Toe walking or other abnormal gait (walking) patterns
- General orthopedic injuries – fractures, muscle strains, sprains
- Pediatric incontinence, nighttime wetting and constipation
KatieBug Therapy Physical therapists are certified by the American Physical Therapy Association and licensed by the State of Illinois.